We’ve decided to stay in Holland for Christmas which means we’re going to explore and exhaust all the possible Dutch traditions we possibly can!
Here’s some things we’re looking forward to:
- Sunday Markets at Westergasfabriek
- Saint Nicholas (Sinterklaas) party with Dutch friend, Anna
- Santa Skate in Vondlepark (Julie, this is for you!!)
- Christmas dinner with our cousins in Almere
- Christmas markets
- Beijnkorf (which means Bee Hive) has wonderful displays and treats!
- learning to bake speculaas cookies
- visit to Maastricht for some special holiday shopping and visit to the above mentioned design hotel (converted monastery)
Graeme and I are doing advent calendar treats for each other, so each morning we give each other IOU coupons for different things. This morning, my coupon said that Graeme would bake me something. Actually, it read ‘husband-baked’ gift. I wasn’t sure if that meant husband would be baked or baking. What will tomorrow’s be?